Sunday, June 17, 2012

His Timing Is Perfect

 "God's beloved; 
God's permanent residence. 
   Encircled by God all day long, 
      within whom God is at home."
Deuteronomy 33:12
Over the past week, I found myself looking back at my blogs from Alaska. I found this verse buried in the middle of one of my post and found it to bring back the same feeling I had when I first read it. Reading through all of them I praise God for the major work that He did in my life, but most importantly, my heart. 

The Lord's timing is perfect. When we question it, it means our faith is being shaken. While in Alaska I discovered a lot of bitterness and hurt from something that happened my senior year of high school. I had swept it in the back of my mind and let it continue to have a stronghold in my life. Yesterday, 2 years after leaving these people I ran into them. I found closure. After 20 minutes of talking and laughing, I felt God's smile and loving touch. I heard him saying, "Learn to wait for my timing, because I will bless you. Patience my child." Throughout the rest of dinner I was speechless and in awe, almost to tears. We are God beloved and He will do what is best for us if we would just surrender in every part of our life. I know most of us can say this and give other people this same advice, but are we taking a hold of it in our lives? Are we daily seeking His face? Are we leaning to much on what we think to be right, or are we asking God to invade our minds with His grace and mercy? As my friend and I drove home last night I just remember sing along on the radio and the words were simply, "You are good. You are good" and it was those words that summed up my night of healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment