Sunday, October 23, 2011

Looking Back.

As I walk outside and feel the added chill in the air, I remember. I remember the amazing summer I was blessed with. I remember the amazing people, that I now call family, that I was able to serve with. I remember all the struggles, the times us girls would lock ourselves in the bathroom to sort through our problems, the times our boys would wrap us up in a hug and tell us how much we were loved, the beautiful prayers that were lifted up by this team, the most amazing Godly man that led us through this summer, Pastor Mark, but most of all I remember all the growth that took place. Painful at times, but oh so comforting even within that. As I have been praying for the Lord to send me next summer wherever He wants me to go, I can't help but desire more of Salcha, AK. More of the people, and more growth. I found a home 3,373 miles away in that place. As of right now, I'm planning on Alaska. But I have asked the Lord to open up another door and completely shut down this one if I'm not meant to go back. I feel like I have unfinished business there. Hard to explain, and I almost cry when I think about going back. I am filled with joy. I keep in touch with quite a few people up there, but one that is most dear to my heart is my beloved Mickey. Tender and innocent, she and I built an automatic connection. I desire to go and watch her continue to grow. I desire to go back and be put with a different group of people and grow with them and add all that I learned this past summer to the experience. Being in such a beautiful place causes me to worship more. I don't know if it's the breath taking mountains, the amazing midnight sun, or the heavy evidence of just how beautiful our Savior is. Pray that God's Will be done. I am seeking Your face Father, through all of this.

"And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts. If you seek him, he will be found by you. 1 Chronicles 28:9

No comments:

Post a Comment