Thursday, September 22, 2011

Hello Again.

It's been over a month since my last post, and it's been a crazy one. After coming home from Alaska, it took me a while to get readjusted to home. And I can tell you it took a while for my family to adjust back to me as well. Wedding planning for my sister has been in full swing, and in 2 days I'll be waiting in the bridal room, getting ready to pave the way for her journey down the isle. I'm ready for this day to come, have fun celebrating with some of the best people on the planet, party in my bridesmaid dress, and let Jen and Payton begin their life together. Between math homework and writing a paper, I finished my maid of honor toast. At first I was totally nervous and decided to put aside the computer and get some rest. As I laid down, I realized that this is my sister for goodness sake, I can think of something from all the memories that we have together. I remembered. It's gonna be great.

The Cute Couple


School is going much better this semester compared to last. I'm focused and determined to prove myself to my teachers and classmates. I've made some great friends; you all know who you are. Obviously Alaska changed me in so many ways, but it did something to my focus in school. I'm like a new person. I think it's because I saw so much pain there and I know my degree can make a difference.

K-2 Girls in Alaska

Bryant, my brother, was deployed the 29th of August to Afghanistan for 6 months. He was going to be in the wedding, but they moved the date soon after we had made final the wedding day date. On the back of the programs we will have his information so that family and friends can send him encouraging words. He will be greatly missed. I spoke to him the other day and he seems to be liking his job and his roommates. I just sent him his favorite brownies, so hopefully it will remind him of home and how much he is loved.

Bryant

With all of this wedding planning going on, it's brought me to pray more specifically for my future husband. Praying that he'd stand strong in what he believes and be living his life for Him. I find myself praying with gratefulness for God's ability to calm my normal anxious thoughts about marrying my best friend one day. I don't know who he is, but I do know that we will praise God together, and raise a family that will serve only Him. Oh how that excites me!


"I will bring gold instead of bronze. I will bring silver instead of iron, bronze                 
instead of wood, and iron instead of stone. I will appoint peace as your governor and righteousness as your ruler." Isaiah 60:17

I will wait for the best from God. I will focus on serving God, staying focused in school, and I won't linger on who he is, but I'll trust in God to bring him to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment