Thursday, August 11, 2011

Resting Secure

Coming home from Alaska was a very bittersweet time for me. Stepping on that plane Saturday and leaving the most comfortable place that I've ever come to trust in my life was behind me. How do you move on from such a summer as I had? I know I can't live in the past, and I know God brought me to Alaska to heal spiritual wounds that I'd been holding onto for so long I had forgotten them, and I know He wants me to treat this, Alabama, as my mission field. I learned so much in Alaska from God and through Pastor Mark. I am a new creation, now.

Yes, finally I am a new creation. When I got up there I realized that this "Christian life" I had been leading had been wayyy too focused on being the good church girl rather than sold out for Jesus. How messed up is that? So whoever is reading this, Dawson family, my own family, and my friends, I'm sorry for the past things that I've done out of my pride and selfishness. I was broken before the cross in Alaska and God brought it to my attention that I was not worshiping Him, but I've been worshiping myself the past few years. I had never gone to Him empty, broken, and naked asking for His forgiveness and true humility. So with that said, I think it'd only be appropriate to be baptized. Family and friends, I'm getting baptized. The right way this time. With my heart and mind in the right place.

Now, since coming home from Alaska I've noticed God's heavy work on my heart and mind continuing. Even though it's not the easiest thing on the earth, it's worth it. And it's comforting to know that The Creator of the universe cares so much about the condition of my soul. Lately I've found comfort in this verse. " “Let the beloved of the LORD rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the LORD loves rests between his shoulders.” Deut 33:12. I'm resting secure in His arms as a woman of God, beloved and adored by my Father. Is it time for you to finally rest in the arms of the Almighty God?

No comments:

Post a Comment